Bulmer is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1559
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1629
- Belchamp Walter
- Little Henny
- Wickham St Paul
- Sudbury All Saints with Ballingdon and Brundon
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BULMER, a parish and a subdistrict in the district of Sudbury and county of Essex. The parish lies on the verge of the county, near the river Stour and the Sudbury railway, 2 miles WSW of Sudbury; and has a post office under Sudbury. Acres, 2,779. Real property, £6,251. Pop., 758. Houses, 170. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, united with the vicarage of Belchamp-Walter, in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £445. Patron, S. M. Raymond, Esq. The church is good. The subdistrict contains nine parishes and an extra-parochial tract. Acres, 17,504. Pop., 4,853. Houses, 1,084.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Below is a list of people that were declared bankrupt between 1820 and 1843 extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
Firmin John, Bulmer, Essex, farmer and jobber, Sept. 14, 1822.
The following records are available free online.
Poorhouses & Poor Law
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Sudbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of London (Essex and Hertfordshire Division)
- Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Hedingham
- Poor Law Union: Sudbury
- Hundred: Hinckford
- Province: Canterbury