Bradwell by Coggeshall is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Alternative names: Bradwell, Bradwell next Coggeshall
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1704
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1629
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BRADWELL-NEXT-COGGESHALL, a parish in Braintree district, Essex; on the river Blackwater, 2 miles W of Coggeshall, and 4 E by S of Braintree r. station. Post Town, Coggeshall, under Kelvedon. Acres, 1,161. Real property, £2,058. Pop., 273. Houses, 67. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged formerly to the Maxeys. The parish is a resort of sportsmen. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £258. Patron, M. P.Brunwin, Esq. The church contains monuments of the Maxeys; and is good. Charities, £25.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Braintree
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Colchester
- Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Witham
- Poor Law Union: Braintree
- Hundred: Witham
- Province: Canterbury