Bobbingworth is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Alternative names: Bobinger, Bovinger, Boringer, Buringer
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1558
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1639; 1800
- Stanford Rivers
- Chipping Ongar
- High Ongar
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BOBBINGWORTH, a parish and a subdistrict in Ongar district, Essex. The parish bears also the name of Boringer; and lies 2 ½ miles NW of Ongar r. station, and 5 ½ SE of Harlow. Post Town, Ongar. Acres, 1,628. Real property, £2,474. Pop., 334. Houses, 67. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £393. Patrons, J. A. Houblon and Cure, Esqs. The church is good. The subdistrict contains fifteen parishes. Acres, 47,465. Pop., 5,465. Houses, 1,145.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The following records are available free online.
Poorhouses & Poor Law
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Ongar
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex
- Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Ongar
- Poor Law Union: Ongar
- Hundred: Ongar
- Province: Canterbury