Berechurch is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Alternative names: West Donyland
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1664
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1629; 1813
- East Donyland
- Colchester St Giles
- Layer de la Haye
- All Saints in Stanway and Lexden
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BERECHURCH, a parish in Colchester district, and within Colchester borough, Essex; near the river Roman, 2 miles S by W of Colchester r. station. Post Town, Colchester. Acres, 1,450. Real property, £1,880. Pop.; 112. Houses, 19. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £110. Patron, T. White, Esq. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
The following records are available free online.
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Colchester
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Colchester
- Diocese: Pre-1846 – London, Post-1845 – Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Colchester
- Poor Law Union: Colchester
- Hundred: Colchester Borough
- Province: Canterbury