Belchamp Walter is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1559
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1629
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BELCHAMP-WALTER, a parish in the district of Sudbury and county of Essex; on a small affluent of the river Stour, 4 miles W of Sudbury r. station. It has a post office under Sudbury. Acres, 2,125. Real property, £4,319. Pop., 708. Houses, 152. Belchamp Hall is the seat of the Raymonds; and contains an interesting collection of pictures. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of Burmer, in the diocese of Rochester. The church is a neat high edifice; and contains a brass of 1591, and tombs of the Raymonds.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Sudbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of London (Essex and Hertfordshire Division)
- Diocese: Pre-1846 – London, Post-1845 – Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Hedingham
- Poor Law Union: Sudbury
- Hundred: Hinckford
- Province: Canterbury