Belchamp St Paul is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Other places in the parish include: Hall Field.
Alternative names: Belchamp St Pauls
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1813
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BELCHAMP-ST. PAUL, a parish in the district of Sudbury and county of Essex; on the river Stour, 6 miles WNW of Sudbury r. station. It has a post office under Sudbury, and a fair on 11 Dec. Acres, 2,557. Real property, £4,209. Pop., 832. Houses, 179. The property is divided among a few. The parish is a meet for the East Essex hounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £240. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of St. Paul’s. The church is very good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Sudbury
- Probate Court: Pre-1845 - Court of the Peculiar of the Dean and Chapter of St Paul’s Cathedral, Post-1844 - Court of the Archdeaconry of Middlesex (Essex and Hertfordshire Division)
- Diocese: Post-1844 - Rochester, Pre-1845 - London
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - None, Post 1844 - Yeldham
- Poor Law Union: Sudbury
- Hundred: Hinckford
- Province: Canterbury