Belchamp Otten is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Alternative names: Belchamp Otton
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1578
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1629; 1800
- Little Yeldham
- Belchamp North Wood
- Belchamp Walter
- Belchamp St Paul
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BELCHAMP-OTTON, a parish in the district of Sudbury and county of Essex; on a small affluent of the river Stour, 4 miles NE of Yeldham r. station, and 5 W by N of Sudbury. Post Town, Belchamp-St. Paul, under Halstead. Acres, 1,693. Real property, £2,961. Pop., 375. Houses, 81. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £446. Patron, the representatives of the late Rev. E. H. Dawson. The church is good; and there are charities £21.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Sudbury
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Middlesex (Essex and Hertfordshire Division)
- Diocese: Pre-1846 – London, Post-1845 – Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1847 – Hedingham, Post-1846 – Yeldham
- Poor Law Union: Sudbury
- Hundred: Hinckford
- Province: Canterbury