Beaumont with Moze, Essex Family History Guide

Beaumont with Moze is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Essex, created in 1678 from Beaumont Ancient Parish and Moze Ancient Parish.

Other places in the parish include: Moze.

Alternative names: Beaumont, Beaumont cum Moze

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

Beaumont with Moze

  • Parish registers: 1548
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1802

Moze

  • Parish registers: 1548
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: None

Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist

Adjacent Parishes

  • Great Oakley
  • Kirby le Soken
  • Thorpe le Soken
  • Tendring

Parish History

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

BEAUMONT-CUM-MOZE, a parish in Tendring district, Essex; near the head of an inlet of the North sea, between the Naze and Harwich, 4½ miles S of Wrabness r. station, and 10 E of Colchester. It has a post office, of the name of Beaumont, under Colchester. Acres, 3,261; of which 215 are water. Real property, £4,349. Pop., 490. Houses, 109. The property is divided among a few. Beaumont Hall is a chief residence. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £652. Patron, Wadham College, Oxford. The church is good; and there is a Wesleyan chapel.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Maps

Vision of Britain historical maps

Administration

  • County: Essex
  • Civil Registration District: Tendring
  • Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Colchester
  • Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
  • Rural Deanery: Pre-1847 - Tendring, Post-1846 - Harwich
  • Poor Law Union: Tendring
  • Hundred: Tendring
  • Province: Canterbury