Beauchamp Roding is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Other places in the parish include: Birds Green.
Alternative names: Beauchamp Rooding, Beauchamp Roothing, Roothing Beauchamp
Parish church: St. Botolph
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1688
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1630
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ROOTHING-BEAUCHAMP, a parish in Ongar district, Essex; on the river Roding, 4½ miles NNE of Ongar r. station. It includes part of the hamlet of Birds-Green; and its post town is Ongar, under Brentwood. Acres, 1,311. Real property, with the rest of Birds-Green, £1,761. Pop., 226. Houses, 50. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £244. Patron, the Rev. W. Bond. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
ROOTHING, BEAUCHAMP (St. Botolph), a parish, in the union and hundred of Ongar, S. division of the county of Essex, 4¼ miles (N. N. E.) from Ongar; containing 246 inhabitants. The parish takes the affix to its name from William Beauchamp, proprietor of the manor in 1262. The soil is fertile, and in good cultivation; and the village is pleasantly situated on elevated ground. The living is a rectory, valued in the king’s books at £16. 13. 4., and in the gift of the Rev. Jonathan T. Barrett, D.D.: the tithes have been commuted for £270, and the glebe comprises 38½ acres.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Ongar
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex
- Diocese: Pre-1846 – London, Post-1845 – Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Ongar
- Poor Law Union: Ongar
- Hundred: Ongar
- Province: Canterbury