Basildon is a chapelry of Laindon Ancient Parish in Essex.
Alternative names: Battlesdon
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1653
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1639; 1800
- Ramsden Crays
- Great Burstead
- Ramsden Bellhouse
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BASILDON, a chapelry in Laindon parish, Essex; 2 miles NNW of Pitsea r. station, and 4 SE of Billericay. Post Town, Laindon, under Billericay. Acres, 1,627. Real property, £1,927. Pop., 180. Houses, 25. The living is annexed to Laindon rectory in the diocese of Rochester.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Basildon, 4 m. Billericay, P. 157
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Billericay
- Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of London (Essex and Hertfordshire Division)
- Diocese: Pre-1846 – London, Post-1845 – Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Barstable
- Poor Law Union: Billericay
- Hundred: Barstable
- Province: Canterbury