Barling Magna is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Alternative names: Barling, Great Barling
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1555
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1813
- Great Wakering
- Little Wakering
- Great Stambridge
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BARLING, a parish in Rochford district, Essex; on a creek of the Broomhill river, 4½ miles ESE of Rochford,and 5 NE of Southend r. station. It has a post-office under Chelmsford. Acres, 1,258. Real property, £2,801. Pop., 354. Houses, 77. The property is subdivided. The manor was given by Edward the Confessor to St. Paul’s Cathedral. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £230. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of St. Paul’s. The church is a neat structure, with chancel and tower.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Rochford
- Probate Court: Pre-1845 - Court of the Peculiar of the Dean and Chapter of St Paul’s Cathedral, Post-1844 - Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex
- Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - None, Post 1844 - Canewdon
- Poor Law Union: Rochford
- Hundred: Rochford
- Province: Canterbury