Aveley is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Parish church: St Michael
Parish registers begin: 1563
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Primitive Methodist.
Parishes adjacent to Aveley
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
AVELEY, a village and a parish in Orsett district, Essex. The village stands adjacent to the Purfleet station of the Tilbury railway, near the Thames, 7 miles SE of Romford. It has a post office under Romford, and a fair on Easter-Monday; and was formerly a market town. The parish comprises 2,934 acres of land, and 105 of water. Real property, £5,944. Pop., 930. Houses, 195. The property is not much divided. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £266. Patron, the Bishop. The church is very old. There are an Independent chapel and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Aveley, 3 m. N.W. Grays-Thurrock, P. 849
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Below is a list of people that were declared bankrupt between 1820 and 1843 extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
Skinner George, Aveley, Essex, grocer, Jan. 18, 1831.
Woodthorp Henry, Avely, Essex, grocer, Feb. 10, 1837.
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Orsett
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex
- Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1845 - Chafford, Post-1844 - Orsett
- Poor Law Union: Orsett
- Hundred: Chafford
- Province: Canterbury