Asheldham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Alternative names: Asheldon
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1755
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1629; 1800
- St Lawrence Newland
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ASHELDHAM, a parish in Maldon district, Essex; near the coast, 10 miles ESE of Maldon r. station. Post Town, Tillingham under Maldon. Acres, 2,398: of which 700 are water. Real property, £1,950. Pop., 212. Houses, 38. The surface is low, and partly marshy. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £339. Patron, the Bishop of Rochester.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Vision of Britain historical maps
Civil Registration District: Maldon
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Essex
Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
Rural Deanery: Dengie
Poor Law Union: Maldon