Althorne is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1734
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1800
- Latchingdon with Snoreham
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ALTHORNE, a parish in Maldon district, Essex; near the river Crouch, 7 miles SE of Maldon r. station. It has a post office under Maldon. Acres, 2,250. Real property, £2,697. Pop. 386. Houses, 79. The property is subdivided. Much of the land lies lower than spring-tide mark, and is protected by embankments constructed by Dutchmen, whose descendants remain here. The living is a vicarage, united to the rectory of Cricksea, in the diocese of Rochester. The church is good. A fair is held on 5 June.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Althorne, 5 m. S.E. Maldon. P.418
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Below is a list of people that were declared bankrupt between 1820 and 1843 extracted from The Bankrupt Directory; George Elwick; London; Simpkin, Marshall and Co.; 1843.
Lee Frederick, Althorne, Essex, dealer in horses, Dec. 11, 1829.
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Maldon
- Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of London (Essex and Hertfordshire Division)
- Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Dengie
- Poor Law Union: Maldon
- Hundred: Dengie
- Province: Canterbury