Alresford is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Parish church: St. Peter
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1742
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1802
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ALRESFORD, a parish in Tendring district, Essex; 5 miles SE of Colchester. It has a post office under Colchester, and a r. station. Acres, 1,583; of which 75 are water. Real property, £2,195. Pop., 248. Houses, 62. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £378. Patrons, Hulme's Trustees. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Alresford, 3 m. S.E. Colchester. P. 289.
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Topographical Dictionary of England 1831
ALRESFORD, a parish in the hundred of Tendring, county of Essex, 63 miles (S.E. by E.) from Colchester, containing 270 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry of Colchester, and diocese of London, rated in the king's books at £8. The Rev. T. Newman was patron in 1823. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. The river Itchen runs through this parish.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1831
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Tendring
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Colchester
- Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1847 - Tendring, Post-1846 - St Osyth
- Poor Law Union: Tendring
- Hundred: Tendring
- Province: Canterbury