Alresford is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1742
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1802
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ALRESFORD, a parish in Tendring district, Essex; 5 miles SE of Colchester. It has a post office under Colchester, and a r. station. Acres, 1,583; of which 75 are water. Real property, £2,195. Pop., 248. Houses, 62. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £378. Patrons, Hulme's Trustees. The church is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Alresford, 3 m. S.E. Colchester. P. 289.
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Tendring
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Colchester
- Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1847 - Tendring, Post-1846 - St Osyth
- Poor Law Union: Tendring
- Hundred: Tendring
- Province: Canterbury