Alphamstone is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1705
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1629; 1801
- Great Henny
- Bures St Mary
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ALPHAMSTONE, a parish in Sudbury district, Essex; near the river Stour, 2½ miles WNW of Bures r. station, and 5 S of Sudbury. Post Town, Bures under Colchester. Acres, 1,557. Real property, £2,614. Pop., 317. Houses, 72. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value £257. Patron, the Lord Chancellor. The church is tolerable. Charities, £13.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Alphamstone, 3 m. NE. Halstead. P. 314.
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
Civil Registration District: Sudbury
Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Middlesex (Essex and Hertfordshire Division)
Diocese: Pre-1846 - London, Post-1845 - Rochester
Rural Deanery: Hedingham
Poor Law Union: Sudbury