Aldham is an Ancient Parish in the county of Essex.
Parish church: St. Margaret
Parish registers begin: 1558
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
Parishes adjacent to Aldham, Essex
- Great Tey
- Marks Tey
- West Bergholt
- Little Tey
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ALDHAM, a parish in Lexden district, Essex; near Colne river, 2 miles N of Marks Tey r. station, and 5 ENE of Coggleshall. Post Town, Marks Tey under Colchester. Acres, 1,825. Real property, £2,558. Pop., 406. Houses, 94. The manor belonged to the De Veres. The property is subdivided. The place is a meet for the East Essex hounds. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester. Value, £327. Patron, the Bishop of Rochester. The church is very good. Charities, £32. Morant the historian was rector of Aldham.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Aldham, 2 m. N.E. Coggeshall. P. 382.
Source: Leonard's Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850.
- County: Essex
- Civil Registration District: Lexden
- Probate Court: Court of the Commissary of the Bishop of London (Essex and Hertfordshire Division)
- Diocese: Post-1845 - Rochester, Pre-1846 - London
- Rural Deanery: Pre-1847 - Lexden, Post-1846 - Halstead
- Poor Law Union: Lexden and Winstree
- Hundred: Lexden
- Province: Canterbury