Carlton is a chapelry of Redmarshall Ancient Parish in Durham.

Alternative names: Carleton

Parish church:

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: None
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: None

Nonconformists include:

Adjacent Parishes

Parish History

The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870

CARLTON, a township in Redmarshall parish, Durham; on the Clarence railway, 4 miles NW of Stockton-upon-Tees. It has a station on the railway. Acres, 1,453. Real property, £1,324. Pop., 176. Houses, 37.

Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].

Parish Records

Administration

  • County: Durham
  • Civil Registration District: Stockton
  • Probate Court: Court of the Bishop of Durham (Episcopal Consistory)
  • Diocese: Durham
  • Rural Deanery: Stockton
  • Poor Law Union: Stockton
  • Hundred: Stockton Ward
  • Province: York

Similar Posts