Tarrant Rushton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Dorset.
Other places in the parish include: Preston.
Alternative names: Rushton, Rushton Tarrant, Tarent Rushton
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1696
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1731
- Tarrant Monkton with Tarrant Launceston
- Tarrant Rawston
- Tarrant Keynston
- Moor Crichel
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
TARRANT-RUSHTON (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Blandford, hundred of Cranborne, Wimborne division of Dorset, 3¾ miles (E.) from Blandford; containing 184 inhabitants. The parish comprises 1221 acres, of which 30 are common or waste; the soil is chalky. The village is situated in a valley, on the Tarrant rivulet. The living is a rectory, valued in the king’s books at £4. 19. 2.; net income, £219; patron, Sir J. W. Smith. Here was an hospital or chantry, dedicated to St. Leonard, and granted to the prior of Christchurch-Twynham in the 7th of Edward III.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
FamilySearch Catalog – Free
- County: Dorset
- Civil Registration District: Blandford
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Dorset
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Pimperne
- Poor Law Union: Blandford
- Hundred: Cranborne
- Province: Canterbury