Tarrant Rawston, Dorset Family History Guide

Tarrant Rawston is an Ancient Parish in the county of Dorset.

Alternative names:

Parish church: St. Mary

Parish registers begin:

  • Parish registers: 1760
  • Bishop’s Transcripts: 1731

Nonconformists include:

Adjacent Parishes

Parish History

A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848

TARRANT-RAWSTON (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Blandford, hundred of Pimperne, Blandford division of Dorset, 4 miles (E. by N.) from Blandford; containing 64 inhabitants. It is situated on the river Tarrant, and comprises by admeasurement an area of 696 acres. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king’s books at £8. 9. 2., and in the gift of Sir J. W. Smith, Bart.: the tithes have been commuted for £90, and the glebe comprises 33 acres.

Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848

Parish Records

FamilySearch Catalog - Free

Census

Census returns for Tarrant-Rawston, 1841-1891

Church Records

Bishop’s transcripts for Tarrant-Rawston., 1731-1880 Author: Church of England. Parish Church of Tarrant-Rawston (Dorsetshire)

Parish registers for Tarrant-Rawston, 1760-1957 Author: Church of England. Parish Church of Tarrant-Rawston (Dorsetshire); Dorset Record Office

Administration

  • County: Dorset
  • Civil Registration District: Blandford
  • Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Dorset
  • Diocese: Salisbury
  • Rural Deanery: Pimperne
  • Poor Law Union: Blandford
  • Hundred: Pimperne
  • Province: Canterbury