Bradpole is an Ancient Parish in the county of Dorset.
Parish church: Holy Trinity
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1695
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1731
Nonconformists include: Baptist and Wesleyan Methodist.
A Topographical Dictionary of England 1848
BRADPOLE (Holy Trinity), a parish, in the union of Bridport, hundred of Beaminster-Forum and Redhone, Bridport division of Dorset, 1 mile (N. N. E.) from Bridport; containing 1357 inhabitants. It comprises 998a. 2r. 16p., of which 566 acres are arable, 182 meadow, 100 pasture, and 18 woodland. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king’s books at £8. 13. 1½., and in the patronage of the Crown; net income, £199. A new church was consecrated in August 1846, containing 400 sittings, mostly free. The inhabitants formerly interred their dead at Bridport; but by a composition made in 1527, they were allowed to inter in their own churchyard, on paying annually a small acknowledgment to the rector of Bridport.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis 1848
FamilySearch Catalog - Free
- County: Dorset
- Civil Registration District: Bridport
- Probate Court: Court of the Archdeaconry of Dorset
- Diocese: Salisbury
- Rural Deanery: Bridport
- Poor Law Union: Bridport
- Province: Canterbury