Alton Pancras is an Ancient Parish in the county of Dorset.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1673
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1586
- Cerne Abbas
- Buckland Newton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ALTON-PANCRAS, a parish and a liberty in Dorchester district, Dorset. The parish lies on the Downs, 2½ miles NE of Cerne-Abbas, and 7 E by S of Evershot r. station. Post Town, Cerne under Dorchester. Acres, 2,243. Real property, £2,642. Pop., 270. Houses, 55. The property is subdivided. The parish is a meet for the Blackmoor harriers. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Salisbury. Value, £208. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Salisbury. The church is good. The liberty is co-extensive with the parish.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Dorchester
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of the Dean of Salisbury
Rural Deanery: Pre-1847 - None, Post-1846 - Whitchurch
Poor Law Union: Cerne
Hundred: Alton Pancras Liberty