Woolfardisworthy West is an Ancient Parish in the county of Devon.
Other places in the parish include: Buckish Mill, Buckmills, Bucks Mills, and Alminstone
Alternative names: West Woolfardisworthy, Woolfardisworthy, Woolfardisworthy near Bideford, Woolsery
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1723
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1607
- Bible Christian Methodist
- Wesleyan Methodist
- East Putford
- West Putford
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WOOLFARDIS WORTHY, or Woolsery, a village and a parish in Bideford district, Devon. The village stands 9½ miles WSW of Bideford r. station; is a seat of petty-sessions; and has a post-office, of the name of Woolsery, under Bideford, a hotel, and two annual fairs. The parish includes four hamlets, and comprises 5,798 acres. Real property, £2,756. Pop., 776. Houses, 156. The property is chiefly divided among seven. There are several neat residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £65. Patron, Mrs. L. E. Hawkes. The church is ancient. The p. curacy of Buckmills is a separate benefice. There are three dissenting chapels and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Bideford
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Barnstaple
Rural Deanery: Hartland
Poor Law Union: Bideford