Willand is an Ancient Parish in the county of Devon.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1670
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1607
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WILLAND, a parish in Tiverton district, Devon; on the river Culm, near Tiverton-Junction r. station, and 2½ miles NNE of Cullompton. Post town, Cullompton. Acres, 989. Real property, £1,793. Pop., 382. Houses, 82. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £110. Patron, J. Salter, Esq. The church is ancient. There are a Wesleyan chapel, a national school, and charities £10.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Civil Registration District: Tiverton
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Exeter
Rural Deanery: Tiverton
Poor Law Union: Tiverton