Widworthy is an Ancient Parish in the county of Devon
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1540
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1616
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WIDWORTHY, a parish in Honiton district, Devon; 3½ miles E by S of Honiton r. station. Post town, Honiton. Acres, 1,437. Real property, £2,033. Pop., 188. Houses, 39. The manor, with W. Court, belongs to Sir E. M. Elton, Bart. W. hill has some remains of an ancient entrenchment. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £168. Patron, Sir E. M. Elton, Bart. The church is ancient. There are a parochial school, and charities £12.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Civil Registration District: Honiton
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Exeter
Rural Deanery: Honiton
Poor Law Union: Honiton