Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. Mary
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1554
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1613
- Highley St Mary
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WASHFIELD, a parish and a sub-district in Tiverton district, Devon. The parish lies 2½ miles NNW of Tiverton r. station, and contains a village of its own name. Post town, Tiverton. Acres, 3,319. Real property, £3,689. Pop., 471. Houses, 83. About one half of the land, with Worth House, belongs to J. F. Worth, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £407. Patron, J. F. Worth, Esq. The church is ancient. There are a national school, and charities £28. The sub-district contains 7 parishes and an extra-parochial tract. Acres, 22,412. Pop., 2,731. Houses, 528.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Tiverton
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Exeter
Rural Deanery: Tiverton
Poor Law Union: Tiverton
Hundred: West Budleigh