Templeton is an Ancient Parish in the county of Devon.
Parish church: St. Margaret
Parish registers begin: 1556
Nonconformists include: Bible Christian Methodist and Independent/Congregational.
Parishes adjacent to Templeton
- Cruwys Morchard
Lewis Topographical Dictionary of England 1845
Templeton (St. Margaret), a parish, in the union of Tiverton, hundred of Witheridge, Collumpton and N. divisions of Devon, 5 miles (W. by N.) from Tiverton; containing 275 inhabitants. This parish, which once belonged to the Knights Templars, and afterwards to the Hospitallers of St. John, is intersected by the old road from Tiverton to Witheridge, and comprises 1588 acres, of which 129 are common or waste. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £8. 15.; net income, £162 ; patron, Sir W. T. Pole, Bart. There is a parsonage-house, and the glebe contains about 70 acres.
Source: A Topographical Dictionary of England by Samuel Lewis Fifth Edition Published London; by S. Lewis and Co., 13, Finsbury Place, South. M. DCCC. XLV.
- County: Devon
- Civil Registration District: Tiverton
- Probate Court: Court of the Peculiar of the Manor of Templeton
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Tiverton
- Poor Law Union: Tiverton
- Hundred: Witheridge
- Province: Canterbury