Sutton on Plym is an Ecclesiastical Parish in the county of Devon, created in 1844 from Plymouth Charles Ecclesiastical Parish.
Other places in the parish include: Cattledown.
Alternative names: Plymouth St John the Evangelist
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1850
- Bishop’s Transcripts: None
- Plymouth St Catherine
- Plymouth Charles
- Plymouth St Saviour
- Plymouth Holy Trinity
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
SUTTON-ON-PLYM, a chapelry in Charles-the-Martyr parish, Devon; within Plymouth borough. It was constituted in 1844; and its Post town is Plymouth. Rated property, £12,078. Pop., 6,237. Houses, 533. The living is a p. curacy in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £300. Patron, alternately the Crown and the Bishop. The church is excellent.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Civil Registration District: Plymouth
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Barnstaple
Rural Deanery: Plympton
Poor Law Union: Plymouth
Hundred: Plymouth Borough