Stoodleigh is an Ancient Parish in the county of Devon.
Alternative names: Stoodley
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1597
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1668
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
STOODLEIGH, a parish, with a village, in Tiverton district, Devon; 5 miles NNW of Tiverton r. station. It has a post-office under Tiverton. Acres, 4,336. Real property, £3,668. Pop., 499. Houses, 89. The manor, with S. Court, belongs to T. Daniel, Esq. S. Beacon was erected on Warbrightleigh hill by Edward II., and has left some remains. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £341. Patron, T. Daniel, Esq. The church is ancient but good. There is a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Civil Registration District: Tiverton
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Barnstaple
Rural Deanery: South Molton
Poor Law Union: Tiverton