Rose Ash is an Ancient Parish in the county of Devon.
Other places in the parish include: Ashmill, Rose Ash Moor, Yard, Ash Moor, and Ash Mill.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1591
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1607
Nonconformists include: Presbyterian and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Bishops Nympton
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ROSE-ASH, a village and a parish in South Molton district, Devon. The village stands 6 miles ESE of South Molton, and 9½ ENE of Eggesford r. station; and was formerly called Ralph-Esse. The parish contains also the hamlet of Yard and part of Ashmill; and its post town is South Molton, North Devon. Acres, 5,082. Real property, £3,428. Pop., 549. Houses, 108. The property is subdivided. About 450 acres are common, now in course of enclosure. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £500. Patron, the Rev. H. G. Southcomb. The church is ancient. There are a Brethren's chapel, a national school, and charities £6.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: South Molton
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Barnstaple
Rural Deanery: South Molton
Poor Law Union: South Molton