Rockbeare is an Ancient Parish in the county of Devon.
Other places in the parish include: Marsh Green.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1645
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1606
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational and Society of Friends/Quaker.
- Clyst Honiton
- Ottery St Mary
- Woodbury with Exton
- Broad Clyst
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ROCKBEARE, a parish, with the villages of Rock-beare and Marsh-Green, in St. Thomas district, Devon; 1½ mile SE of Broad-Clist r. station, and 6 ENE of Exeter. Post-town, Exeter. Acres, 2,375. Real property, £3,310. Pop., 540. Houses, 108. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged formerly to Canonsleigh-abbey, and belongs now to T. Porter, Esq. R. House and R. Court are chief residences. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £148. Patron, the Bishop of Exeter. The church is ancient but good, and has a pinnacled tower. There are an Independent chapel, a village school, and charities £9.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: St Thomas
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Exeter
Rural Deanery: Aylesbeare
Poor Law Union: St Thomas
Hundred: East Budleigh