Oakford is an Ancient Parish in the county of Devon.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1568
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1597
Nonconformists include: Bible Christian Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
- East Anstey
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
OAKFORD, a village and a parish in Tiverton district, Devon. The village stands on a bold acclivity, adjacent to a tributary of the river Exe, 2 miles S of the boundary with Somerset, 3 WSW of Bampton, and 6½ NNW of Tiverton r. station; is large and straggling; and has a post-office under Tiverton. The parish comprises 5,464 acres. Real property, £3,211. Pop., 629. Houses, 122. The property is divided among a few. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £425. Patron, Mrs. Parkin. The church was rebuilt in 1838; and is a neat stone edifice, with a pinnacled tower. There are a parochial school, and charities £10.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Tiverton
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Barnstaple
Rural Deanery: South Molton
Poor Law Union: Tiverton