IDE, a village and a parish in St. Thomas district, Devon. The village stands 3 miles SSW of Exeter r. station; is commonly called Ede; and has a post office under Exeter. The parish comprises 1,435 acres. Real property, £3,500. Pop., 665. Houses, 158. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £300. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Exeter. The church is a plain edifice, with later English windows; and has a low embattled tower. There are national schools of 1862, and Charities £4.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
County: Devon Civil Registration District: St Thomas Probate Court: Court of the Peculiars of the Dean and Chapter of Exeter Diocese: Exeter Rural Deanery: Pre-1848 – None, Post-1847 – Kenn Poor Law Union: St Thomas Hundred: Exminster Province: Canterbury