Farringdon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Devon.
Other places in the parish include: Clist Satchfield.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1678
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1610
- Colaton Raleigh
- Clyst Honiton
- Woodbury with Exton
- Clyst St Mary
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
FARINGDON, a village and a parish in St. Thomas district, Devon. The village stands 3 miles SSE of Broad Clist r. station, and 5½ ESE of Exeter: was formerly known as Ferendon; and is a small scattered place. The parish includes part of Clis-Satchfield tything; and its post town is Topsham, under Exeter. Acres, 2,015. Real property, £4,257. Pop., 331. Houses, 65. The property is divided among a few. The manor belonged, in the time of Henry III., to Adam de Ferendon; and belongs now to J. Garrat, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £262. Patron, the Bishop of Exeter. The church is of the 14th century; consists of nave, chancel, and north transept, with western embattled tower; contains some fine monuments; and is good. Charities, £7.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Western Morning News
Exeter and Plymouth Gazette
North Devon Journal
Express and Echo
Civil Registration District: St Thomas
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Exeter
Rural Deanery: Aylesbeare
Poor Law Union: St Thomas
Hundred: East Budleigh
Farringdon: A Devon Church and Parish by Howard Senar