East Worlington is an Ancient Parish in the county of Devon.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1725
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1607
Nonconformists include: Bible Christian Methodist and Independent/Congregational.
- Woolfardisworthy East
- West Worlington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
WORLINGTON (East), a parish in South Molton district, Devon; 5 miles NE of Lapford r. station, and 6 E of Chulmleigh. Post town, Morchard-Bishop, North Devon. Acres, 2,363. Real property, £1,561. Pop., 284. Houses, 51. The property is subdivided. Roman coins and urns have been found; and remains exist of a curious ancient cross. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £248. Patron, the Earl of Portsmouth. The church is ancient but good. There are a Bible Christian chapel and a national school.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Civil Registration District: South Molton
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Barnstaple
Rural Deanery: South Molton
Poor Law Union: South Molton