East Putford is a chapelry of Buckland Brewer Ancient Parish in Devon.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1799
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1678
Nonconformists include: Wesleyan Methodist
- Buckland Brewer
- Woolfardisworthy West
- West Putford
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
PUTFORD (East), a parish in Bideford district, Devon: on the river Torridge, 9 miles SW of Bideford r. station. Post-town, Torrington, North Devon. Acres, 2,380. Real property, £1,034. Pop., 190. Houses, 34. The property is divided chiefly among three. The living is a p. curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Buckland-Brewer, in the diocese of Exeter. The church is old but good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Civil Registration District: Bideford
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Barnstaple
Rural Deanery: Hartland, Holsworthy
Poor Law Union: Bideford