East Buckland is an Ancient Parish in the county of Devon.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1684
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1597
Nonconformists include: Bible Christian Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
- West Buckland
- North Molton
- South Molton
- Stoke Rivers
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BUCKLAND (East), a parish in South Molton district, Devon; on an affluent of the river Taw, 5 miles NW by N of South Molton, and 7 NNE of Umberleigh r. station. Post Town, South Molton, North Devon. Acres, 1,385. Real property, £1,193. Pop., 151. Houses, 23. The manor belongs to Earl Fortescue. The living is a rectory, united with the rectory of Filleigh, in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £286. Patron, Earl Fortescue. The church is small and ancient, with a tower. There are a Wesleyan chapel, and charities £22.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Civil Registration District: South Molton
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Barnstaple
Rural Deanery: Barnstaple
Poor Law Union: South Molton