East Anstey is an Ancient Parish in the county of Devon.
Alternative names: Anstey Cruwys
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1596
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1607
- West Anstey
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
ANSTEY (East), a parish in South Molton district, Devon; on the river Yeo, 4½ miles WSW of Dulverton, and 12 NNW of Tiverton r. station. Post Town, Dulverton under Tiverton. Acres, 3,245. Real property, £1,819. Pop., 227. Houses, 32. The surface is hilly; and the property is not much divided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £180. Patron, T. S. Jessopp, Esq. The church is tolerable.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Civil Registration District: South Molton
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Barnstaple
Rural Deanery: South Molton
Poor Law Union: South Molton
Hundred: South Molton