Cookbury is a chapelry of Milton Damerel Ancient Parish in Devon.
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1746
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1609
Nonconformists include: Bible Christian Methodist and Wesleyan Methodist.
- Black Torrington
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COOKBURY, a parish in Holsworthy district, Devon; 4 miles ENE of Holsworthy, and 14 S by W of Bideford r. station. Post-town, Holsworthy, North Devon. Acres, 2,710. Real property, £1,135. Pop., 249. Houses, 50. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the rectory of Milton-Damerell, in the diocese of Exeter. The church is early English, and not good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Civil Registration District: Holsworthy
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Totnes
Rural Deanery: Holsworthy
Poor Law Union: Holsworthy
Hundred: Black Torrington