Coldridge is an Ancient Parish in the county of Devon.
Alternative names: Coleridge
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1556
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1597
Nonconformists include: Plymouth Brethren
- Nymet Rowland
- Zeal Monachorum
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COLDRIDGE, or Coleridge, a parish in Crediton district, Devon; on the river Taw and the North Devon railway, near Lapford r. station, 5 miles S of Chumleigh. Post-town, Lapford, under Morchard-Bishop, North Devon. Acres, 3,670. Real property, £2,650. Pop., 613. Houses, 122. The property is divided among a few. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £142. Patron, the Bishop of Exeter. The church is very ancient; has a tower, commanding a fine view; and contains a beautiful screen, a figure of Edward V. in coloured glass, and an effigies of John Evans of 1514. There is a small chapel for Bible Christians.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Civil Registration District: Crediton
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Barnstaple
Rural Deanery: Chumleigh
Poor Law Union: Crediton
Hundred: North Tawton with Winkleigh