Coffinswell is a chapelry of St Marychurch Ancient Parish in Devon.
Other places in the parish include: Daccombe.
Parish registers begin: 1560
Parishes adjacent to Coffinswell
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
COFFINSWELL, a parish in Newton-Abbot district, Devon; on the Torquay railway, near Kings-Kerswell station, 4 miles SE of Newton-Abbot. It includes the hamlet of Daccombe; and its post town is Kings-Kerswell, under Newton-Abbot. Acres, 1,126. Real property, £1,784. Pop., 194. Houses, 44. The property is divided among a few. The manor belongs to Sir W. P. Carew, Bart. The living is a vicarage, annexed to the vicarage of St. Mary-Church, in the diocese of Exeter. The church is old and neat, but not good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales 1850
Coffinswell, 3 miles S. E. Newton-Abbotts. P. 215
Source: Leonard’s Gazetteer of England and Wales; Second Edition; C. W. Leonard, London; 1850
Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
Daccombe, a hamlet in Coffinswell parish, about a mile from Coffinswell village, in Devon.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A Fullerton & Co. N.d.c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Newton Abbot
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiars of the Dean and Chapter of Exeter
Rural Deanery: Ipplepen
Poor Law Union: Newton Abbot