Clyst St Mary is an Ancient Parish in the county of Devon.
Alternative names: Clist St Mary, St Mary Clist
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1662
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1610
- Clyst Honiton
- Woodbury with Exton
- Clyst St George
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CLIST-ST. MARY, a parish in St. Thomas district, Devon; on the river Clist, 3. miles SSW of Broad-Clist r. station and 3 ESE of Exeter. Post town, Bishops-Clist, under Exeter. Acres, 582. Real property, £1,540. Pop., 176. Houses, 37. The property is divided among a few. Winslade House is the seat of H. Porter, Esq. Clist Heath was the scene of Lord Russell's defeat in 1549. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £190. Patron, the Rev. E. Strong. The church was neatly restored in 1869; consists of nave, chancel, and aisles, with embattled tower; and contains monuments of the Porters.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: St Thomas
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Exeter
Rural Deanery: Aylesbeare
Poor Law Union: St Thomas
Hundred: East Budleigh