Clyst St Lawrence is an Ancient Parish in the county of Devon.
Alternative names: Clist St Lawrence, St Lawrence Clist
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1539
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1611
- Clyst Hydon
- Broad Clyst
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CLIST-ST. LAWRENCE, a parish in St. Thomas district, Devon; on the river Clist, 2½ miles ESE of Hele r. station, and 4 SSE of Collumpton. Post town, Collumpton. Acres, 1,060. Real property, £1,664. Pop., 154. Houses, 32. The manor belonged formerly to the Pollard and the Hele families; and belongs now to Hele's charity-school or St. John's hospital, in Exeter. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £299. Patrons, the Trustees of St. John's Hospital, Exeter. The church is later English; consists of nave and chancel, with lofty western tower; has an ancient screen and rood loft; and was reported in 1859 to need repair. Charities, £5.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: St Thomas
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Exeter
Rural Deanery: Plymtree
Poor Law Union: St Thomas