Clyst Hydon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Devon.
Alternative names: Clist Hidon, Clist Hydon, Clysthydon
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1548
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1611
- Clyst St Lawrence
- Broad Clyst
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CLIST-HYDON, a parish in St. Thomas district. Devon; near the source of the river Clist, 2 ½' miles E of Hele r. station, and 4 SE by S of Collumpton. Post town, Collumpton. Acres, 1,725. Real property, £2,927, Pop., 329. Houses, 71. The manor belonged formerly to the family of Hidon; and belongs now to the family of Huyshe. Ratcliffe House is the seat of J. Matthew, Esq. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £440. Patron, Mrs. Huyshe. The church is a fine old edifice of nave, aisles, and chancel, with porch and tower. A school has £17 from endowment; and other charities £17.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: St Thomas
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Exeter
Rural Deanery: Plymtree
Poor Law Union: St Thomas