Cheriton Fitzpaine is an Ancient Parish in the county of Devon.
Parish registers begin: 1660
Nonconformists include: Independent/Congregational
Parishes adjacent to Cheriton Fitzpaine
- Stockleigh English
- Cruwys Morchard
- Stockleigh Pomeroy
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
CHERITON-FITZPAINE, a parish and a sub-district in Crediton district, Devon. The parish lies on an affluent of the river Crudy, 5 ½ miles NE by N of Crediton r. station; and has a post-office under Crediton, North Devon. Acres, 5,382. Real property, £7,288. Pop., 1,111. Houses, 238. The property is much subdivided. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £710. Patron, the Rev. W. H. Arandell. The church is perpendicular English; consists of nave, aisles, chancel, and chantry-chapel; and has a beautiful groined porch, a piscina, and a monument of 1691. There are an Independent chapel, almshouses with £24, and other charities with £33.—The sub-district contains nine parishes. Acres, 27,507. Pop., 5,656. Houses, 1,213.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Devon
- Civil Registration District: Crediton
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Exeter
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: Cadbury
- Poor Law Union: Crediton
- Hundred: West Budleigh
- Province: Canterbury