Cheldon is an Ancient Parish in the county of Devon.
Parish registers begin: 1673
Parishes adjacent to Cheldon
- West Worlington
Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales Circa 1870
CHELDON, a parish in South Molton district, Devon; on the river Dart, 3 miles ESE of Chumleigh, and 5 ENE of Eggesford r. station. Post-town, Chumleigh, North Devon. Acres, 1,108. Real property, £775. Pop., 97. Houses, 14. The property all belongs to the Earl of Portsmouth. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £97. Patron, the Earl of Portsmouth. The church consists of nave, chancel, and south porch, with low square tower; and is good.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
- County: Devon
- Civil Registration District: South Molton
- Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Barnstaple
- Diocese: Exeter
- Rural Deanery: South Molton
- Poor Law Union: South Molton
- Hundred: Witheridge
- Province: Canterbury