Cadeleigh is an Ancient Parish in the county of Devon.
Other places in the parish include: Little Silver.
Alternative names: Cadleigh
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1665
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1606
Nonconformists include: Bible Christian Methodist and Independent/Congregational.
- Cruwys Morchard
- Cheriton Fitzpaine
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
CADELEIGH, or Cadleigh, a parish in Tiverton district, Devon; 4½ miles SW of Tiverton r. station Post Town, Tiverton. Acres, 2,191. Real property, £2,160. Pop., 258. Houses, 74. The property is much subdivided. The surface rises into bold romantic hills, with brilliant views. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £198. Patron, Mrs. Moore. The church is old; consists of nave, chancel, north aisle, and western tower; contains a canopied monument to Sir Simon Leach; and stands on high ground, forming a conspicuous landmark. An Independent chapel is at Little Silver; and there are charities £16.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
FamilySearch - Free
Birth Marriage and Death Records
Migration and Naturalisation Records
Probate and Court Records
Civil Registration District: Tiverton
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Exeter
Rural Deanery: Cadbury
Poor Law Union: Tiverton