Status: Ancient Parish
Alternative names: Bridgeford
Parish church: St. Thomas à Becket
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1538
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1609
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BRIDFORD, or Bridgeford, a parish in St. Thomas district, Devon; on the river Teign, 4 miles E by N of Moreton-Hampstead r. station, and 9 SW of Exeter. Post Town, Moreton-Hampstead, under Exeter. Acres, 4,114 Real property, £2,946. Pop., 576. Houses, 112. Lead mines were not long ago worked, but have been relinquished. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £305. Patron, Sir L. V. Palk, Bart. The church is a small old structure, with turreted tower; and has a fine screen.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: St Thomas
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Exeter
Rural Deanery: Dunsford
Poor Law Union: St Thomas