Status: Ancient Parish
Parish church: St. Nun
Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1654
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1614
Nonconformists include: Bible Christian Methodist
- Milton Abbot
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BRADSTONE, a parish in Tavistock district, Devon; on the river Tamar, 4½ miles SSE of Launceston r. station, and 8 NW by N of Tavistock. Post Town, Launceston. Acres, 1,257. Real property, £1,535. Pop., 142. Houses, 23. The property is divided between the Bradshaws and the Kellys. The manor-house, an old Tudor edifice, belongs to the former; and is now tenanted by a farmer. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £204. Patron, the Bishop of Exeter. The church is perpendicular English; consists of nave, aisles, and chancel, with a tower; and is in tolerable condition.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Tavistock
Probate Court: Court of the Bishop (Consistory) of the Archdeaconry of Totnes
Rural Deanery: Tavistock
Poor Law Union: Tavistock