Parish registers begin:
- Parish registers: 1603; see also Ashburton
- Bishop’s Transcripts: 1620
- Wesleyan Methodist
- East Ogwell
- West Ogwell
The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales 1870
BICKINGTON, a parish in Newton-Abbot district, Devon; on the Lemon rivulet, 3½ miles NE of Ashburton, and 4 W of Newton-Junction r. station. It has a post office under Newton-Abbot. Acres, 1,375. Real property, £1,876. Pop., 294. Houses, 60. The surface abounds with large limestone rocks. There is a large serge manufactory. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Exeter. Value, £220. Patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Exeter. The church is an old edifice, with square tower; and there is a small Wesleyan chapel.
Source: The Imperial Gazetteer of England & Wales [Wilson, John M]. A. Fullarton & Co. N. d. c. [1870-72].
Civil Registration District: Newton Abbot
Probate Court: Court of the Peculiars of the Dean and Chapter of Exeter
Rural Deanery: Moreton
Poor Law Union: Newton Abbot